Under general supervision of the corporate Tax Manager, responsible for assisting in the preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns. Assists with special projects, responds to tax inquiries and assists the property and sales use tax functions. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Responsible for the collection of data to be used in the tax return preparation process.
- Enters data into the tax return software application.
- Prepares income tax returns to be reviewed along with all relevant work papers.
- Creates and maintains tax work papers utilizing software applications such as Microsoft Excel.
- Assists with the maintenance of the company's master due date listing.
- Gathers information for audits, income tax provisions and special projects.
- Works closely with Tax Manager to validate technical interpretations.
- Works closely with the Tax Manager to review income tax data; ensures information is accurate, neat and complete.
- Works with internal and external accounting associates and various taxing jurisdictions for the purpose of assisting in the tax preparation process.
- Reconciles to the general ledger.
- Researches and updates new guidelines pertaining to income tax laws.
- Performs related duties as assigned and assists property and sales and use tax functions as needed.
Requires a four year degree in Accounting. A Masters degree and/or CPA a plus. Normally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills; good relationship building skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of OneSource Income Tax software desirable