At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. MetLife is #1 within the Life and Health Insurance category on the FORTUNE Magazine "World's Most Admired Companies" survey list. We believe that when your work is right, life works. That is the principle that makes MetLife such an extraordinary place to work. Job Location
United States : Missouri : ST. LOUIS Alternate Job Location
Not Applicable : Not Applicable Job Description
The Senior Tax Accountant position is responsible for timely filing of federal and state tax returns for a variety of entities including corporations and partnerships. Completes information returns for certain foreign entities owned by MetLife. Calculates statutory and GAAP income tax provisions utilizing OneSource Tax Provision software. Maintains current knowledge of federal and state taxation and applies this knowledge in the preparation of tax return filings and tax accounting. Functional Responsibilities
- Prepares federal, state, and local income tax returns for U.S. partnerships and corporations.
- Prepares statutory and GAAP income tax provisions and disclosures to meet financial reporting and statutory compliance deadlines using OneSource Tax Provision software.
- Completes information filings for international entities.
- Assists with federal, state and local tax authority audits.
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to reduce taxes and minimize audit exposure.
- Utilize software and systems to improve quality of work process and increase efficiency.
- Minimum of 2-3 years public or corporate tax accounting experience.
- Experience with OneSource tax return preparation software, as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with GAAP rules regarding accounting for income tax.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problems solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with general ledger systems is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Taxation or an applicable field of expertise or equivalent work experience.
Financial Management Group Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. Note to Mobile Users: If viewing on a mobile device and would like to apply, please email the job to yourself and complete the application from a desktop/laptop. Note to Desktop/Laptop Users: For immediate consideration, click Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Internal Use Only: 09M
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.