Analysis of indirect tax related issues including state sales, use and property taxes. Ensure appropriate customer support, tax decisions and development of tax policy through research and interpretation of tax law and legislative activity. Maintain transactional tax calculation rules and policies supporting all tax systems and processes.
- Resolve tax related customer issues
- Review and apply appropriate tax treatment for new contract
- Review and approve sales tax exemption certificates
- Apply exemptions to customer profiles as required
- Maintain tax rates impacting various billing and transactional systems and processes
- Oversee and maintain vehicle sales processes including administration of various systems and processes.
- Interpret and apply existing tax law to Penske processes and procedures
- Monitor legislative activity for potential tax impact
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 4-6 years of accounting/tax experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required
- Master Degree in Tax a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office application software
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and Access required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, GE Capital Holdings and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 250,000 vehicles and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.