Johnson & Johnson’s Corporate Tax Department is recruiting for a Senior Tax Analyst – Compliance/Reporting/Indirect to support the J&J US Tax Center of Excellence (CoE). This position is located in Titusville, New Jersey.
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1B billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 128,000 people and work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Calling all big thinkers and world-changers who want to drive their careers forward across more than 275 leading businesses in consumer, pharmaceuticals, and medical technology.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The Senior Tax Analyst – Compliance/Reporting/Indirect is part of the J&J US Tax Center of Excellence (CoE). The incumbent will be part of a team that will be responsible for the tax compliance, tax reporting or indirect tax compliance for Johnson & Johnson US based companies. Specific responsibilities include:
• Tax Compliance
- Prepare US federal and state income tax returns
- Prepare state estimated tax payments
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Prepare responses to audit inquires
- Participate in planning and other projects
• Tax Reporting
- Financial tax reporting for actual and forecast periods to Financial Accounting and Corporate Tax pursuant to ASC 740
- Communication of tax rate drivers
- Preparation and analysis of Fin 48 reserves, taxes payable and deferred taxes
- Compliance with Sarbanes Oxley
- Presentation of tax topics to other business units and participate or lead special projects as needed
• Indirect Tax Compliance
- Independently executes State and Local Indirect tax returns and prepayments, including performing necessary research, analysis and effective use of tax compliance tools; ensures proper documentation retention
- Acts as a liaison between tax department and internal or external tax compliance resources and resolves State and Local Indirect Tax notices, correspondence and audit
- Participate in planning; uses understanding of organizational structure, business and tax law to generate tax planning ideas relevant to the company; uses available resources to identify tax planning ideas to quantify impact.
- Prepare and/or review and ensure accuracy of indirect tax account analysis
- Participate in process improvement and other ad hoc projects
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree is required, preferably a major in Accounting or Finance.
- A CPA, CMA, JD, MBA, Masters of Tax or other certifications are preferred.
- A minimum of 3 year’s prior work experience in corporate tax or public accounting is required.
- A firm understanding of financial accounting practices
- A firm understanding of indirect tax or / and direct tax compliance preparation is required
- A strong communication (verbal and written), time management, team-oriented and prioritization skills
- are required.
- Proficiency in Excel is required.
- Proficiency in Vertex, OneSource and CorpTax and SAP is preferred.
- These positions may require up to 10% domestic travel.
- This position is currently located in Titusville, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-TitusvilleOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.