Sr Tax Analyst
You will have the responsibility for assisting with research, planning and implementation of international tax projects as well as reviewing and analyzing international tax implications of project. Review and/or preparation of various US and Non US tax returns. Supporting the management of international and domestic tax inspections and implementation of global tax planning strategies will be a key element. Your strong ability to effectively conduct tax research, planning and compliance of the company as it relates to assigned tax planning initiatives will make you successful in this career opportunity.
• Conducting tax research, analysis, planning and implementation of international tax projects.
• Coordination of US tax accounting and tax reporting requirements relating to tax planning projects with other groups within the tax department.
• Dissemination of information regarding new tax developments to Operations, and other areas of the company to create new tax reduction opportunities.
• Review of tax technical publications and other corporate publications for technical accuracy of planned tax reduction strategies, as well as development of new opportunities for tax savings.
• Review of US and Non US International tax compliance
• Prepare calculations of tax implications of various tax planning projects
• Supporting all audits by various tax authorities as they relate to the defense of tax planning initiatives previously implemented.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
• Minimum of 2-3 year progressively responsible tax experience, preferably some international tax experience.
• CPA certification preferred.
• In-depth knowledge of US international tax law required; knowledge of foreign tax law a plus.
• Proven organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with general management and tax and non-tax professionals in a multi-cultural environment.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.