Oracle is hiring a Senior Tax Analyst
to prepare the federal income tax provision and income tax returns. Responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly and annual federal tax provision.
- Prepare quarterly federal estimated taxes and annual extension calculations.
- Respond to federal tax notices.
- Ensure deadlines are met in a timely manner.
- Assist with support and documentation to IDR requests.
- Increase scope of federal compliance ownership.
- Assist with the QE support and documentation of FIN 48 reserves.
- Maintain orderly documentation on the shared network to simplify information sharing with other users.
- Develop relationships with and mentor interns.
- Knowledge of US federal income tax compliance and US federal income tax accounting.
- Organize and summarize information in a clear, concise manner specifically tailored for the intended reader/listener.
- Knowledge of computerized tax preparation software, preferably Corptax. Strong aptitude to learn new functions or features.
- Focus on meeting key goals/milestones/KPIs; meets deadlines
- Embrace opportunities to increase knowledge and learn new skills
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects. Adapt to and re-prioritize based on changing conditions
- Take ownership of all assigned projects/tasks.
- Interest to pitch in and help team members during time sensitive deadlines.
- Work effectively with all levels of internal personnel and external contacts. Anticipate and plan projects to create smooth project transitioning.
- Strong attention to detail. Properly plan and anticipate doing something carefully and completely.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.Qualifications:
Compiles information for statutory reports as well as internal tax reporting. Ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns.
Be an integral partner in Oracle*s business decisions to enhance shareholder value by providing tax-related advice globally to all business units. Assist with governmental audits, internal audits and/or fiscal recharges. Ensure company complies with worldwide statutory tax reporting specifications. Focus areas include transfer pricing and intercompany transactions. identify international assignment tax issues for employees working in another country. Develop strategies to minimize corporate tax through use of tax laws and regulations. May be involved with tax implications of mergers and acquisitions.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. Maintain current knowledge of all tax laws affecting Oracle. Detail oriented, analytical, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. 5 plus years experience in public accounting firm and/or high technology industry. CPA and or MS/MBA tax preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.