Find Your Forward at Fiserv, a FORTUNE™ 500 company, and join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 22,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible with deep expertise and a commitment to innovation.
At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values teamwork and open-mindedness. Our unique combination of expertise and innovative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Tax Analyst you will work in a challenging, fast-paced and dynamic team environment, reporting to the Tax Manager. You will develop and gain valuable experiences in a wide range of tax disciplines including indirect taxes, federal and state income tax, and US tax reporting for foreign subsidiaries. Your success in this role will offer a fantastic career track. Through commitment and hard work you will assume more progressive roles of responsibility. Becoming a subject matter expert in multiple areas of tax will allow your career to grow to heights only limited by your personal drive and abilities.
About our Business:
The Corporate Tax Department is located at the corporate headquarters in Brookfield, Wisconsin and reports up through the CFO’s organization. We oversee all aspects of Fiserv’s corporate income taxes, and are viewed as a value-added, trusted business advisor throughout the organization. Team members gain exposure across all disciplines of the Corporate Tax function with opportunities in reporting and planning.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in completing assigned tax audits while representing the interest of the business to state and local taxing authorities to ensure the minimization of audit deficiencies.
- Timely and accurately prepare and review sales and use tax returns. This will include a monthly review of sales tax data and use tax accruals to verify their validity, e-filing returns, processing tax payments, and account reconciliations.
- Timely and accurately prepare and review personal property tax renditions. This will include data analysis, reviewing jurisdictional rules for compliance requirements and tax exemption/abatement opportunities, processing tax payments, and account reconciliations.
- Assist in determination of sales/use taxability of transactions including assistance to domestic business units regarding tax issues.
- Identify and assist with implementation of tax planning opportunities, process efficiencies, quality improvements, and risk minimization strategies.
- Prepare federal and multi-state corporate income tax returns, extension requests, and estimated tax filings in compliance with federal and state tax laws.
- Assist with international aspects of federal and state income tax filings.
- Monitor current and proposed state tax laws and regulations to identify and assess impact on Fiserv.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely-related field required.
- Three to five years of tax-related experience in public accounting or industry.
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management skills and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of Vertex Sales and Use Tax Returns Software
- Knowledge of OneSource Property Tax Software
- SAP experience