The Johnson & Johnson US Tax Center of Excellence(COE) is recruiting for a Senior Tax Analyst- Tax Technology Administration who will be responsible for the administration of CorpTax and other tax related systems and software. The position is currently located in New Brunswick, New Jersey but is expected to relocate to Titusville, New Jersey in mid to late 2017.
The North America Tax COE is part of the J&J Global Tax Operations group. The COE is responsible for all Direct Tax Reporting, Direct Tax Compliance and Indirect Tax Compliance for all US based J&J companies.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Senior Tax Analyst Responsibilities
The senior tax analyst will be responsible for the administration of CorpTax, our tax compliance software, as well as various OneSource tax compliance related systems. In this role, the candidate will perform the installation, rollover and setup of each year’s CorpTax application, related testing and SOX documentation, adding and deleting users, tracking entity changes (acquisitions, mergers, etc), setting up new companies and divisions, and supporting all of the above in CIA and PwC audits. This role will also be responsible for importing trial balances, customizing federal and state calculations and account mappings, preparing Form 7004, and e-filing federal and state extension requests and federal and state returns for all entities. E-filing of the Johnson & Johnson consolidated federal tax return includes obtaining, documenting and attaching all required elections and statements as prepared by the Tax Counsel and International groups and working with both the federal and international groups to clear all edits that would prevent a successful e-filing with the IRS. The position may also be responsible for the administration of compliance related OneSource modules as well as overseeing and assigning licenses for our tax research services.
Business partnering and collaboration with J&J IT, software vendors and their IT departments and the entire J&J tax community are keys to the success of this role. The candidate will work with members of the overall US Tax COE to ensure open communication and consistency of entity, account and adjustment code changes across systems. He/she will oversee and lead various special projects as requested to improve automation and efficiency of processes across the tax organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably with a major in accounting or information technology
- A minimum of 3 years of tax, accounting or information technology experience is required
- Prior use of CorpTax tax compliance software and/or OneSource preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with business partners is required
- Ability to understand basic accounting and tax concepts and IT terminology required
- Good organization skills and ability to effectively prioritize and manage time
- Knowledge of PC based programs: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint required
- Must also act with integrity, value diversity, and create value for COE and business partners
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking and promote innovation and continuous learning within the group is required
- Ability to foster an environment that promotes collaboration, teamwork and development of people for optimal performance is required
- The position is currently located in New Brunswick, New Jersey but is expected to relocate to Titusville, New Jersey in mid to late 2017
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function