Job Location: United States : New York : New York
The Senior Tax Consultant position is responsible for preparing income tax provisions for life and non-life entities in accordance with US GAAP and STAT accounting principles. Analyzes and reviews tax accruals for reasonableness and accuracy. Review and analyze transactions to ensure proper tax and accounting treatment. Assist in tax initiatives related to process improvements in the reporting process.
- Prepares quarterly GAAP and Statutory tax provisions, financial statement disclosures and footnotes using OneSource Tax Provision software.
- Interim and annual certification of legal entity tax basis balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in rollforward tax balance sheet accounts and analyze for accuracy and reasonableness
- Assist in design, implementation and updating internal controls for tax provision process
- Build and manage relationships internally with other departments and accounting/tax personnel to ensure tax reporting deliverables are met
- Identifies opportunities and makes recommendations to reduce taxes and minimize audit exposure.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current US federal tax laws to accomplish principal responsibilities
- 2- 5-yrs. tax accounting experience preferred.
- MBA or CPA preferred. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Taxation preferred.
- Technical experience in life insurance tax and tax accounting, (ASC 740 & related concepts, SSAP 101).
- Experience with OneSource software preferred, and familiar with PeopleSoft general ledger system preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.