Job Location: United States : Florida : Tampa
The Sr. Tax Consultant will review and improve US income tax provision calculations and documentation, and maintain quarterly tax adjustments, tax basis, and deferred tax assets/liabilities for assigned entities and investment portfolios. Utilize your knowledge of ASC 740, tax accounting for investments and financial products, and will support the Tax Department’s initiatives to develop and enhance automated solutions.
- Prepare US income tax provision calculations and supporting work papers for entities and investment areas assigned.
- Utilize existing technology and contribute towards MetLife’s continuous improvement efforts to automate processes, increase efficiency, and provide quality solutions.
- Research and document tax issues, as required.
- Collaborate with others who are not direct reports.
- MA in Taxation highly desired, Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or relevant field preferred
- CPA highly desired
- 4+ years of experience in one or more of the following key areas:
- Corporate income tax provision and/or return preparation and review
- Partnership tax experience
- Public accounting or consulting firm, working as a dedicated Tax professional
- Income Tax accounting and reporting experience gained in Insurance, Banking or other Financial Institution
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Tax accounting for financial products, real estate, and other securities OR experience reviewing heavy volume of 1065s/K-1s preferred.
- Experience using business intelligence tools such as QlikView, Tableau, or Power BI preferred.
Investment & Insurance Tax-Tampa
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.