**Requisition ID:** 26827BR
**Job Title:** Senior Tech Designer Web & Mobile
**Division:** 2023: Information Technology
**Location:** 04225: Scottsdale-14400 N. 87th St
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Exempt
The Senior Technical Designer – Web and Mobile will strategically create compelling user experiences in both web and mobile platforms that factor in business goals, development capabilities, technology platform, design standards and user needs. The Sr. Technical Designer will utilize a strong understanding of interaction design principles and current global UI/design pattern standards to work with and influence stakeholders in a collaborative manner and to determine business strategy in the digital arena.
• Creates conceptual models, site maps, interaction flows, wireframes, design patterns, UI specifications, taxonomies and metadata frameworks.
• Develops site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content.
• Plans web site design by clarifying goals and desired functionality.
• Leads efforts in defining research criteria, structuring approach for end-user research, and translating results from research into design decisions.
• Tracks and predicts industry trends pertinent to UI design.
• Incorporates usage statistics from existing web and mobile properties into ongoing design to support a continuous improvement model.
• Understands and incorporates search engine optimization best practices in design.
• Maintains site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards; editing submissions.
• Follows all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• Adapts existing processes and deliverables when necessary to meet project needs and improve efficiency and quality.
• Contributes significantly to project plans for web and mobile site implementation activities.
• Develops strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, and participating in professional organizations.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
• Experience with SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
• Experience with iOS, Android, Web (HTML 5, CSS3), responsive web design, Photoshop or other design tools.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Architect, User Experience Designer/Architect, User Interface Designer, or Interaction Designer roles.
• Minimum of 5 years of web and mobile application design experience.
• Experience creating interactive prototypes such as Dreamweaver, Axure, or Flash.
**Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:**
• Portfolio that demonstrates ability to design complex transactional user interfaces and interactions for web, mobile and cross channel experiences.
• Ability to interact with personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
• Proficient in all currently supported application development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
• High level of proficiency in the programming language or other development tools used in specific area of responsibility.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information,
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.