Here at Blizzard Entertainment, game development teams are on a quest: bring our dream games to life, and make them as awesome on the screen as they are in our heads. To accomplish that, we need smart, driven people with serious talents. Members of the Heroes of the Storm team are experienced developers and die-hard Blizzard fans who strive to make the most action-packed and dynamic team brawler in the world. We are experts in a bit of everything and our team works to combine all of Blizzard's properties, game design, and art styles into a single cohesive vision. Our goal as a team isn't just to defy convention, we want to redefine it.
We are seeking an experienced, proactive technical artist who can support the Heroes of the Storm Art department. Tech Art's goal is to enable artists to achieve their vision while meeting the performance requirements of the game. You will implement artist tools and automate workflows in the Heroes pipeline.Responsibilities
- Develop tools to facilitate the creation of art assets.
- Support and improve content creation workflows for the Heroes of the Storm Art department.
- Assist in the creation of complex assets and/or prototypes using breadth of knowledge.
- Maintain aspects of technical asset production (leak prevention, content data implementation, etc.)
- Review code, data, and asset commits through various phases of development.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in game development using 3ds Max, Maya, or similar DCC.
- Working knowledge of concepts in digital 2D/3D, both in content creation and in engine.
- Artist tool creation using Python (or similar scripting language) in tandem with DCC SDKs and APIs.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Self-managing, good communication skills, and collaborative.
Required Application Materials
- Have shipped a AAA PC or console game as a technical artist.
- FX knowledge (particle systems, dynamics, animated materials, attachments, etc.)
- Strong understanding of rendering and shaders.
- Experience with application frameworks such as PySide.
- Skill in one or more related art disciplines, especially FX or environment art.