The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit group that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team! Blizzard Entertainment is looking for an exceptionally skilled technical animator to work on all things Diablo.
Your tools and pipeline knowledge will give our team what they need to hack and slash through hordes of demons. You will help the animation team define, create, maintain and streamline the animation pipeline and processes for combat and monster slaying. Your responsibilities include forging tools, writing scripts and building rigs. You take on quests that will have you assisting with animation and dynamics such as in-game physics for cloth and ragdoll, as well as working with other teams to ensure that character models satisfy technical and animation needs.
Our ideal candidate possesses extensive experience working with 3D animation tools, the creation of character based rigs, as well as a deep understanding of good game play communication. You also work well in an environment of peers who are passionate about Diablo, have a basic knowledge of animation, enjoy making great games, killing demons and getting loot!Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years' experience designing, creating, and supporting complex character, facial and weapon rigs in Maya (or equivalent 3D program)
- Extensive experience building tools to improve animation, rigging, and / or character pipelines
- Able to own the skinning process for a variety of characters, garments, and gear
- High level scripting experience with Python (or equivalent scripting language) to automate the character animation process
- Self-driven, good communicator, and a great team-player
- Previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in an equivalent role
Required Application Materials
- Strong passion for developing games
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
- Fundamental animation skills
- Cover Letter which should include
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.