Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional technical artist to join us in creating Heroes of the Storm.
Your quest is to forge core tools to strengthen the team around you. Your breadth of skills and experience will be critical to helping us constantly improve how we bring new Heroes and battlegrounds into the Nexus. Your role is challenging and varied; your domain extends anywhere from modeling tools, to python plugins, to rendering improvements. We look to you to solve hard problems, using knowledge, creativity, and teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience as a technical artist on one or more successful AAA console and / or PC Games. We are looking for someone with deep understanding of game engines and game creation tools. We want an excellent collaborator who can apply their insight to improve both the technology and the people around them.
You'll be part of a team just as excited about making great games as you are, and together we'll create even more epic Blizzard experiences.Requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of 3D content creation software, such as 3ds Max or Maya
- Strong technical background and a positive attitude
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative, able to develop tools, prototypes, and features from start to finish
- Able to communicate effectively with artists, designers, engineers, and other technical artists
- Detail-oriented problem solving ability
- Expert-level knowledge of Python or C
- Experience with 3D Rendering, such as shaders, visual effects, or linear algebra
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in technical art
- Passion for playing and making computer games, especially game styles relevant to Heroes of the Storm
Required Application Materials
- Modeling or animation skills in 3D content creation software
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard Universes and Lore
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio and/or Reel demonstrating technical skills
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- An art or tech test may be required
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.