This individual will lead the design and execution of our next generation of best in class solutions. As a dynamic and talented Big Data Technical lead, you will have proven hands on experience leading architectural discussions, evaluating options and implementing the best in class solution on a Hadoop platform. You'll understand the technical opportunities and limitations of the various technologies at your disposal and be able to recommended solutions based on our Big Data Ecosystem. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as the lead technical resource responsible for directing the overall technical progress of projects or application initiatives targeting the Hadoop platform. In this capacity, they will plan and administer the operational activities of a Development/Systems Analysis/ Programming unit or team
- Act as focal point in determining and making the case for applications to move into the Big data platform
- Design and develop big data solutions using industry standard technologies.
- Develop services that make big data available in real-time for in-product applications.
- Serve as technical "go to" person for our core Hadoop technologies
- Work with data architects to ensure that Big Data solutions are aligned with company-wide technology directions.
- Lead fast moving development teams using standard project methodologies.
- Lead by example, demonstrating best practices for unit testing, performance testing, capacity planning, documentation, monitoring, alerting, and incident response.
- Communicate progress across organizations and levels from individual contributor to senior executive. Identify and clarify the critical few issues that need action and drive appropriate decisions and actions. Communicate results clearly and in actionable form.
Behaviors at the Hartford
- Hands on experience leading large-scale global data warehousing and analytics projects.
- Experience with data warehouse technologies using Informatica Power Center / BDM, SQL, PL/SQL, CDC Techniques/Tools, Oracle on Exadata
- Experience in Unix shell scripting, batch scheduling and version control tools.
- Ability to design custom solutions for customers who desire Big Data options to enhance their current technical limitations
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including business writing and presentations.
- Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly, focusing on critical few key points.
- ETL experience a plus.
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD