• Degree in IT (other degrees will be considered)
• Technical expertise in Siebel applications (ideally eClinical)
• Delivery of solutions that integrate commercial off-the-shelf products into the existing IT landscape and with cloud technology solutions
• Working across multiple projects and technologies simultaneously
• Engaging with technical counterparts in large IT vendor organizations
• Higher Degree in IT (other degrees will be considered)
• Experience in pharmaceuticals research and development; preferably in the Clinical development domain.
• Working knowledge of ITIL
The successful applicant will hold a shared technical accountability for the Siebel eClinical competency center, including the operation of the existing service and the delivery of new services to meet the needs of GSK's Clinical Development business:
1. Anticipates, understands, troubleshoots and resolves problems using technical expertise and problem solving skills.
2. Ensures the technical application delivery is fully compliant with GSK IT and Regulatory standards, leveraging the full capabilities of the software to meet the business needs.
3. Builds deep understanding of the key technologies to enable effective impact assessments of any proposed changes or design choices
4. Maintains familiarity with architectural standards and vision, R&D IT Technology Roadmap, technical landscape, validation requirements, central service request processes, GSK policies, and other aspects of GSK environment.
5. Supports Programme/Project Managers and the delivery team to design, develop and transition new applications into production, fostering and maintaining close links with infrastructure services colleagues
7. Proactively support IT Service Managers and IT Asset Owners (Service Specialists) to develop and deliver continuous improvement of the applications portfolio to enhance user productivity, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership.
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
For R&D to be able to continue to find and develop new medicines, it relies on IT. Not only does R&D IT keep core systems running but we help the business continuously improve through tools that drive and support our world-class study modelling, high volume informational analysis and clinical trial programmes. We are looking for someone to help deliver those IT services.
The role offers excellent opportunities for career development for individuals who enhance the impact of IT on GSK's R&D programmes.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
A little about us:
We are a science-led global healthcare company on a mission to help people to do more, feel better and live longer.