Technical Manager 1208028
Posted: June 01, 2017
Reference ID: 1208028
What you will do
• Bring a strong perspective that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems.
• Build a Platform-as-a-Service infrastructure that scales to run big data analytics and network orchestration software offering
*Cisco is funding a small, agile, product development team to innovate and build a new product offering in the SDN controller space.
*The team will operate in an agile development model to rapidly bring a new product offering to market, reacting very quickly to initial customer feedback and market needs.
*Over time as customer adoption increases, the platform will be further utilized as the basis for many network applications.
Who you will work with
* Be part of a team of engineers involved in the development and testing of software for our next generation campus networking architecture.
* Lead design discussion and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, and reporting systems for both customer and Cisco use.
* Work with architects and product owners / customer to help prioritize and define feature functionality.
* Design tool chain for larger Cisco Corporation to share critical data with customers. Implement distributed data retrieval, assurance, visualization, and control algorithms with the intent of efficiently directing traffic in campus networks for the world's largest and most important businesses.
* Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
* Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec and help seek clarity where it doesn't exists.
* Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
* Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
* This team will move forward with the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
Who you are
• Own product areas and lead the development, test and devOps effort for multiple components.
• Work with the engineering team during the feature design and implementation phases to develop
• Collaborate with other teams i.e. development, devTest, product management and technical writers, and customer solutions engineers to ensure the company delivers high quality products to our customers.
• Monitor and manage continuous integration environment.
• Hire and Mentor team members.
• Desired skills:
• Have a high bar for quality of the product.
• Expertise in building high performance, highly scalable solutions deployed on the cloud (AWS or others)
• Creative, independent, self-motivated and willing to learn new technology.
• Possess good understanding of development & QA methodologies and processes.
• Ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting abilities spanning multiple software and hardware components (such as switches, storage systems, kernels and containers).
• Good knowledge of Linux and should be comfortable with shell.
• Prior experience of programming, preferably in Go or Python.
• Knowledge of ESXi, HyperV, KVM is a plus.
• Understanding of containerization concepts is a plus.
• Experience with distributed systems (databases, storage, map-reduce frameworks, etc.) is a plus.
• Strong test planning ability is a big plus.
• Expert in building complex automation frameworks using Python or Go programming skills
• Experience in developing REST APIs, very good understanding of networking concepts, L2 - L7 protocols.
• Expertise in testing container technologies and writing containerized software (using docker, lxc, kubernetes or mesos)
• Develop, test and deploying applications to PaaS platfoms like Heroku, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Google App Engine etc.
• 10 - 12 years of working experience in a high impact software development team
• MSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of related experience, or BSEE/CS combined with 12+ yrs related experience.
• 5+ years' experience with developing "systems" products (network automation, orchestration, network analytics and virtualization, etc.)
• Should have worked either in a startup company or startup environment earlier.
• Should have prior experience of leading a small team of 5 - 6 engineers.
• Strong programming experience in Java/Python, GoLang is a big bonus
• Linux systems engineering exposure, familiarity with Virtualization
• Experience in all phases of SW development cycle with some exposure to agile development methodologies
• Excellent problem solving skills.
Why Cisco We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.