Microsoft runs on trust. As our lives and businesses are becoming increasingly digitized, trust is the glue that holds our world together. To create and enhance this trust, we must proactively protect our customers, partners and Microsoft from operational risk. We mitigate risks such as fraud, corruption, counterfeiting, theft, impersonation, and harmful content. To do this, we work across vast ecosystems containing troves of data. We also work with the very latest technologies available as we build and scale modern, customer-centric solutions that offer unparalleled levels of risk protection. With every new transaction, our services get smarter and our customers get safer.
Our Vetting & Forensic Services team subscribes to a 'lean startup' culture in managing a set of nimble products. We embrace collaboration, agility, and the belief that experimentation (failing fast) drives innovation. In our daily work, we demonstrate growth mindset, integrity, grit, vision, curiosity and courage; we require you to bring those values as well. When you join this award-winning team, you will become a member of a talented and diverse cohort of growth hackers-- each of whom have big hearts and small egos. You will work with experts across domains that include business process automation, cloud architecture, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision, cybersecurity, philanthropy and operations.
Now let's talk about you. We are seeking a curious, growth-oriented engineering PM to help us create, and then deliver against, a clear set of requirements for OneVet, a fast-growing compliance platform. Do you crave the opportunity to build world-impacting solutions that most people wouldn't believe are possible? Are you motivated by getting your hands dirty and contributing in small ways too? Do you believe that your current skills and future potential can help us build and operate best-in-class, highly scalable cloud solutions? We face large volumes of complex incoming priorities, and we turn them into elegant, nimble experiences that amplify human ingenuity. This work is not easy, but it is meaningful and exciting every day. If you buy into the values of our team and feel that you have skills to offer, come talk to us. Let’s work together to build a new foundation of trust for our world's digital future.
• Serve as feature PM for OneVet, proposing innovative new technical capabilities and defining high-value feature/scope areas through strong relationships with stakeholders
• Use clear goals to communicate the product vision at the beginning of every release and sprint so that the engineers understand and are equipped to realize it.
• Drive sprint prioritization, product backlog prioritization, and engineering rhythm (e.g. planning, refinement, retrospectives) and unblock scrum development team as needed
• Maintain technical onboarding documentation for your SLA’s, escalation paths, etc and assist in new customer onboarding
• Interact with other project leads, product managers, technical program managers, and multiple development & infrastructure teams to define, simplify, and deliver complex features
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to key stakeholders in effective ways
• Manage special projects including strategic integrations, critical business cycles, and other key initiatives
• 5 years minimum experience in product management, program management, or engineering
• 6+ years of experience leading complex programs, teams of engineers, or technical professionals developing organization-wide, customer-centric solutions
• 3+ years of managing multi-resource projects in a fast-paced environment
• 2+ years hands-on experience delivering software or services that rely on cloud / AI
• Experience applying Agile methodologies and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban)
• Growth mindset, strong technical acumen, and ability to work across multiple disciplines
• Experience working with internal information security, governance and compliance teams
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to see the big picture
• Practical understanding of the full life-cycle of large-scale modern software, QA processes, CI/CD, TDD, cloud development and DevOps engineering practices
• A degree in a related technical field, bootcamp certification, agile certification
• Proven track record of being a dreamer, a hacker and a doer
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.