Senior Technical Project Manager
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world s workforce in ways no other company can. We re much more than a digital resume - we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
LinkedIn is looking for a Sr. Technical Project Manager (TPM) to assist the Business Applications Team in coordinating projects for multiple tracks in all phases of the project development lifecycle (PLC). Our TPMs manage the full life cycle of technical projects and programs - from project kick off and planning to execution and closure - to deliver high quality services for our customers with predictability. They bring order to chaos by thinking holistically and foster open collaboration by working with cross-functional project team members in designing and improving processes and tools. They are comfortable working with both highly technical and non-technical disciplines to ensure that project inputs and requirements are transformed into appropriate outputs and results. They identify, manage, and mitigate risks, and create repeatable project management processes allowing scale and leverage. Responsibilities
- Facilitates and manages demand management in take process for assigned track across technology team
- Promotes best practices and trains others on existing and new processes and tools across teams and departments
- Ensures all project artifacts (e.g., Business Requirement Documents, Design Documents, Test Plans, Business Readiness Plans, Cutover Plans, Issues Log, etc.) that are in line with BizApps deliverables plan are completed and saved in the project s central repository
- Works with the deliverable owners/contributors and stakeholders to obtain approvals of all project documents in a timely fashion
- Assists in driving the request for proposal process and reviews of vendor proposals and statements of work, ensuring new tools/applications are compliant with LinkedIn s security policies, on-boarding of new tools and vendors, and managing project budgets
- Owns change management during the PLC, understands the impact and risks of changes to project timelines, and works with the Business Process Owner (BPO), BPA, Business Systems Analyst (BSA), and BizApps Track Managers to highlight benefits of changes or potential risks to the project.
- Independently plans and drives programs and projects of significant complexity and risk
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of projects
- Organizes the overall project team and establishes clear roles and responsibilitiesat the beginning of each project and holds project team accountable for the deliverables
- Manages and develops plans for inter project/program interdependencies and drives risks/issues to closure
- Analyzes project plan to identify and mitigate risks and minimize potential roadblocks
- Collaborates with BPOs, BizApps Track Managers, BSAs, and BPAs from all functions to create detailed project plan
- Schedules and prepares meeting materials for project team meetings, including kickoff, testing kick-off and sign-off, go/no-go, post-mortem, etc.
- Facilitates meetings by sending meeting agendas, capturing and distributing meeting minutes, and capturing and tracking issues reported during all phases of the project
- Drives assigned team actions to resolution by working with action owners
- Proactively identifies dependencies between teams, resolves issues, and ensures all plans align on delivery criteria
- Influences decision making and problem solving across projects, programs, and teams
- Closes projects and reports overall level of success to sponsors and stakeholders, and identifies lessons learned for continuous improvement.
- Builds and maintains relationships to increase collaboration and productivity
- Develops and manages communication methods and cadence to ensure appropriate project communication to all stakeholders
- Serves as the central point of contact and primary interface for all projects related issues
- Proactively detects misalignment and gains consensus on appropriate actions, mitigating negative impact
- Monitor project risk and assist managers in developing mitigation strategies to meet the project s goals and objectives.
- Bachelor s degree
- 8+ years project management experience leading finance business systems projects such as Oracle EBS Applications 11i or R12
- Experience with implementation experience with at least one of the following Oracle R12 tracks OTC, RTR, HTR & PTP.
- Experience planning, building, testing, and deploying Oracle applications.
- Knowledge and experience with other tools like OBIEE and Oracle EBS infrastructure
- Experience as a project/program manager who has implemented and refined project portfolio planning, project management practices in a technology company.
- Understanding of PMI Methodology and PMP certification
- Ability to present to technical and business stakeholders and management team project/program status
- Organizational and project management skills; detail-oriented and able to work independently and multi-task
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, decompose high-level information into details, and drive decision-making.
- Team player, flexible, and ability to resolve conflicts.
- Experience with project development lifecycle (PLC) and experience with OUM or AIM
- Experience with project collaboration tools (AtTask, SharePoint, PPM and Google Sites). Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and MS Projects.