Are you interested in being part of a dynamic and fast paced team supporting Oracle's newest Human Capital Management (HCM) revolution? Well this is YOUR chance!
At Oracle Fusion, we deliver HCM management solutions to leading companies worldwide so they can assess, acquire, and manage their workforce for improved business performance. To realize our vision of making our innovative and comprehensive solutions synonymous with talent leadership, we look to attract, hire, and retain the best talent in the industry.
Fusion HCM Support Team is expanding to support our rapidly increasing customer base. The team partners with development in supporting early adopters and new customers. It is a unique opportunity to be part of the future of Oracle Support and help shape the organization to benefit our customers, employees and the organization overall. If you are excited by the notion of being able to define a group from early stages on and shape our collective future then this is the place to be.
Position is for a Technical Support Professional with a functional background in Human Capital Management . Reports to the Manager of Support. Responsible for providing excellence in customer service support, track-incidence, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, and resolution of complicated and critical cases. The focus of this position is to provide Customer Service on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each service incident.
The main role of a Support engineer is to troubleshoot and resolve highly complex techno-functional problems. The key skills put to use ona daily basis are - high level of techno-functional skills, Oracle products knowledge, problem solving skills, and customer interaction/service expertise.
Education & Experience:
- B.S (Computer Science) or equivalent preferred. Other qualifications with adequate experience may be considered.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of ERP product(s), particularly in Human Capital Management
- Functional/Technical background in assigned product area (i.e. HCM) and exposure to associated systems and software
- Technical skills in: RDBMS, SQL, PL SQL, XML, Java, J2EE and Oracle ADF, SOA and Web Services
- Understanding of structured SQL statements and how they are executed in the RDBMS (sql/Plsql)
- Ability to read and decipher software Log and Trace files, Web Server Optimization, Server configuration as well as the ability to act upon the finding to determine a problem resolution.
- Experience in filtering and updating complex technical knowledge for use in problem resolution
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Prior working experience in providing Technical Customer Support
- 4 years relevant working experience (preferably 2years working with Oracle/PeopleSoft products)
- Experience in one of the following areas is seen as an advantage:
- Java, J2EE and Oracle ADF
- SOA and Web Services
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.