Come and work with the foremost Analytics tool currently available for the Enterprise market and immerse yourself in the possibilities that OBIEE has to offer to Oracle customers.
Oracle Technical Support is dedicated to assisting our customers and partners in resolving problems experienced during implementation, administration and maintaining the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Product (OBIEE). The OBIEE products and tools are mission critical tools for our customers. The support personnel contribute to continuous product and service improvement by identifying complex issues, performing product and documentation reviews, taking initiative for process improvement and internal systems design.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will offer strategic technical support to assure the highest level of customer satisfaction. A primary focus is to create/utilize automated technology and instrumentation to diagnose, document, and resolve/avoid customer issues. You are expected to be an experienced member of the technical problem solving/problem avoidance team, routinely sought after to address complex, critical customer issues. No travel to customer side is required. You will offer support to our customers through web conferences, phone calls and web updates from your assigned Oracle office.
As a Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, configuration and recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. You should have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Candidate is expected to have demonstrated knowledge in the following areas:
- Advanced database skills (DB2, Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MS SQL Server).
- Candidate should have strong SQL skills and ability to understand complex SQL statements. Database administration and data modeling experience would be a plus.
- Knowledge of operating systems (WINDOWS, UNIX/LINUX).
- Hands on Unix/Linux shell commands to configure servers, track memory & disk usage, file management and permissions is required.
- Hands on experience in Weblogic Application server administration and deployment of web applications on Weblogic is required.
- Experience in supporting client/server and Web based applications.
- Hands-on experience with HTML, Java-Script.
- Knowledge of dimensional data model (cubes, star schemas) and dimensional databases (Essbase, Oracle OLAP) and data warehouse is a plus.
- Experience with browser technologies (products, plug-ins) on different platforms CGI, MS-IIS knowledge or experience.
- Experience with security/authentication systems like SSO/LDAP (SiteMinder, Oracle Identity Manger, Oracle OID, Microsoft AD) preferred.
- Experience on Oracle Applications or Enterprise (Peoplesoft) or Enterprise One (JD Edwards).
- Previous technical support experience an advantage.
- Strong customer service skills and an eagerness to excel along with trouble-shooting skills and tenacity in problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Advanced knowledge and working experience of Oracle Business Intelligence product(s) is a plus.
Top 3 skill sets / technologies in the ideal candidate:
- Analytic tools background experience (reporting tools)
- WebLogic experience
- Database experience
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.