The role of the Senior Technical Support Technologist - Performance Testing, is to support the integrity of the product line by providing performance testing data and insights for new or modified product formulas, and customer specific business opportunities. This role contributes to both the Regional Technology Deployment and Global Product Development teams by communicating best practices and supporting product performance, process improvements and resolution of customer and manufacturing issues.Key accountabilities
- Manage and protect the Intellectual Property of our formulations, products and testing protocols.
- Actively engage and embrace the safety and operational integrity performance of the Americas Technology Team; its compliance with both Group and Lubricants standards (for example Laboratory Safety Standards and OMS)
- Produce performance testing data and insights to support product performance claims and business development opportunities
- Ensure close collaboration with the Regional Formulation Support Team, Product & Market Support Team, Global Product Development, as well as the Sales and Marketing teams
- Collaborate with all Americas teams to develop excellent relationships with key third parties including key customers and suppliers. Foster a culture of customer focus and of active industry participation to benefit the Technology agenda for GLT
- Work with the line manager to control the Americas technology operating budgets in line with the agreed targets set by the business
- Maintain data in approved system to support business development, product modification and product development activities
Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Engineering or related technical disciplineEssential experience and job requirements
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- This position requires specific knowledge and experience in CNC machining operations and familiarity with typical lubricant performance testing equipment as well as demonstrated technical experience in the field of performance testing in the industrial market.
- The incumbent must be familiar with the regional products, formulations and applications
- The position requires strong interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- The incumbent must be creative with the ability to think conceptually and work with general guidance from management.
- The incumbent must have a good command of English
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.Desirable criteria & qualifications
Yes - up to 10%Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
GFT and GLT together comprise almost 800 staff world-wide. GLT includes Automotive, Aviation, Industrial and Marine and Energy lubricant technology, as well as GPS. GFT comprises Fuels, Coke, Bitumen and Hydrogen technology.
Pangbourne is the centre of a global network of fuels and lubricants technology centres around the world. Key lubricant product ranges include engine oils, brake fluids and anti-freezes for cars, trucks and motorbikes, as well as fluids and greases for shipping and industrial applications. Other major product development centres for lubricants are in Neuhof (Germany) where all BP's transmission and axle oils are developed, Naperville (US) and Mönchengladbach (Germany), where specialised industrial fluids such as cutting oils and metal forming fluids are formulated. Smaller satellite technology centres provide local technical support to the lubricants businesses and manufacturing operations in the regions.
BP's Fuels Value Chains (FVCs) supply transportation fuels to markets in North America, Europe, Southern Africa, Australia and New Zealand. In addition to the Pangbourne site, GFT teams are also based in Naperville (US), Bochum (Germany) and Cape Town (South Africa), where they provide direct support to the regional Fuels Value Chain businesses.Segment
[ "06-Jan-2018" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.