Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
Merck Animal Health, Millsboro, DE is a BioTechnology Center of Excellence that manufactures, fills, packages, and distributes vaccines for animals. A Sr. Tech Operations is primarily involved in the manufacturing process and is responsible for critical laboratory procedures and duties in the production of the various veterinary products. Technicians may work with a variety of technical equipment while completing processes throughout the manufacturing cycle. At all times technicians must follow Good Manufacturing Practices and Standard Operating Procedures, adhere to all safety and company policies, and perform duties assigned by department supervision.
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement: Required Experience and Skills:
- At all times technician must follow GMP and SOP and adhere to all safety and company policies while performing more advanced laboratory services in various manufacturing areas.
- Sr. Tech is multi-skilled within own product/department and develops skills in multiple products/departments.
- Works with a limited degree of supervision
- Cleaning work area including floors, walls, tables, etc.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize glassware and equipment for use.
- Perform aseptic procedures including media preparation, antigen inoculation and harvest, and filling vaccines, etc.
- Assist with performing non-aseptic procedures including handling of poultry in the process of harvesting tissue or waste.
- Concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation.
- Assist in monitoring and requisitioning laboratory supplies.
- Report all unusual, non-routine occurrences when performing tasks.
- May be responsible for accumulation, labeling and management of hazardous wastes, as appropriate to their area, providing they are properly trained prior to assignment.
- Attend training classes, workshops, meetings, etc., as required to improve job skills and product-related procedures.
- Assist in training new team members.
- Assist in reviewing and developing S.O.P's, Production Outlines, Special Outlines.
- Assist in reviewing production records and entering technical data into required system.
- Must have the ability to read, write and understand technical information and to effectively communicate information to colleagues at various levels
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process. This includes overtime, holidays and weekends. Days and hours are subject to change based on the needs of the business.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- High School diploma/GED with a minimum of 3 years laboratory experience OR Associates degree with a minimum of 2 years laboratory experience OR Bachelor's degree in Biology or related Life Sciences.
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule to meet the demands of the manufacturing process.
- Majority of time is spent standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting. May be required to lift up to 50 lbs. at times
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required per Safety Policy, as this role may involve contact with Hazardous Materials.
- Must be able to work with poultry.
- Preferred candidate would have experience in a laboratory setting and experience in Aseptic clean room behaviors/techniques.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement