The concept of "Blizzard polish," that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It's a responsibility shared across the company - and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA.
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a detail-oriented, self-driven Test Analyst to join our World of Warcraft Quality Assurance team.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate with engineers, producers and other test analysts while working in a fast-paced environment with a frequent release schedule to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
We're searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let's get to work!
- Partner with test stakeholders to collaboratively identify and meet test objectives
- Draft test plans with a strategic selection of test methods and approach
- Analyze and prioritize the value of manual testing for automation
- Develop test suites, cases, estimations, and report on durations
- Execute test, document test results, and measure impact
- Report on the user experience and test results, escalating when necessary
- Understand design tenets and be an oracle of knowledge for a component, system, or feature
- Ensure test tool data is high quality, fully traceable, and updated daily
- Document and maintain all necessary testware
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer, and retrospectives
- Champion the customer experience at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with build systems, continuous integration and test value for such an environment
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies
- Able to analyze and interpret data / workflows, recognize critical issues, and raise concerns
- Understands various software development life cycle best practices
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Gray box and white box testing experience
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Love of World of Warcraft
- Familiarity with Blizzard Entertainment line of products and services
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.