The concept of "Blizzard polish," that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It's a responsibility shared across the company - and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard QA. We're searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let's get to work!About the job
Creating epic Blizzard gaming experiences like raiding the Black Temple and exploring the depths of Sanctuary come after talented development and quality assurance teams spend thousands of hours perfecting the final products. We're looking for a technically proficient and knowledgeable Senior Test Manager to lead QA operations and test for a franchise. The ideal candidate must have proven organizational and interpersonal abilities, as well as strong management and leadership capabilities. This position will focus on test quality, process efficacy, and continuous improvement.Responsibilities
- Drive projects that scale the test team's capabilities.
- Identify and impact QA business initiatives.
- Create QA policies and guidelines, and enforce adherence.
- Contribute to long term QA vision creation, and drive communication outward with stakeholders.
- Manage test leads and project managers.
- Oversee team effectiveness, performance, and project capabilities.
- Manage and forecast team budgets, resources, and assets.
- Participate in QA vision and drive stakeholder communications.
- Ensure product / project needs alignment with regions, stakeholders, and QA teams.
- Set manual and automated test goals.
- Facilitate discussions that drive business challenge resolution.
- Participate in test closure activities; e.g. testware evaluation, knowledge transfer.
- Analyze and report on global test operational efficiency, effectiveness, and risk to senior leadership.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in related field or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 8 years' testing experience
- A minimum of 4 years' management experience
- A minimum of 4 years' project management experience
- Expert in test and project management methodologies and tools in leadership capacity
- Experience building automation teams
- Expertise in forecasting test budget and needs for a large organization
- Strong collaboration skills
- Certifications: PMP, Scrum Master and / or Product Owner, ISTQB
- Familiarity with Blizzard line of products and services
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.