Senior Testing Specialist
Are you inspired by making an impact on test strategies across multiple projects and initiatives? Are you ready to work in an organization that rewards excellence through a great compensation and benefits package? If so, don’t miss this chance to work as a Senior Automation Testing Specialist for one of the largest banks in the country!
The team supports our Messaging platform which is a large integrated platform that manages our Bank & Credit Card customer digital messaging functionality (alerts, email, sms, mobile notifications, secured messages), from alert preferences to delivery and marketing campaigns. The technology stack is primarily Java/APIs, Elastic Search, Spring XD and is cloud-based and open sourced. It is also integrated with front end (UI) and other back end technologies systems.
As the Senior Testing Specialist on the Messaging team at Capital One you will be responsible for coordinating and developing full automation for our integrated test scenarios & regression test suite. As well as leading work to automate test scenarios for unit, process, function, integration, acceptance and performance testing, you will define and maintain test system configurations and perform test executions while writing test scripts for complex, integrated systems.
- Develops, automates and manages software test environments with focus on feature, negative and performance/scale aspects.
- Defines and maintains test system configuration and test data.
- Performs test executions and creates test scripts for complex integrated systems.
- Establishes goals and objectives for appropriate testing cycles. Defines and maintains test standards and quality assurance tasks.
- Implements test processes on projects, writes test plans, procedures and scripts, and analyzes test results.
- Partners with the Devops team to leverage the CI/CD process for Test Automation.
- Partners with agile team testers to increase testing efficiencies across all Digital Messaging teams.
- Produces reports and documentation for all automated testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging and tracking.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience.
- At least 2 years of hands-on programming experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in Functional, Regression and Performance testing suites.
- At least 2 years of experience with at least one testing tool/framework.
- At least 5 years of experience with creating test automation suites.
- At least 3 years of experience running test suites on Relational Databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Programming experience with Java or any Object Oriented/Functional programming language.
- Experience with Ruby/Cucumber, Selenium, Jmeter, SOAPUI, HP-QC/ALM, or similar.
- 2 years’ experience with UNIX/Windows shell scripting.
- 2 years’ experience with NOSQL Database Technologies.
- 2 years’ experience with J2EE / SOA / APIs / Web Services.
- 1 year experience with configuration management systems – Git
Hub/ SVN and CI Tools (Jenkins/ Hudson).
- Familiarity with Agile development & delivery methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.