Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
Develop, modify, or update applications used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate with team of technical staff and business managers or practitioners in the business unit to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 4 years of related experience
- Solid experience designing and developing prototypes/applications/services utilizing Java/J2EE/TIBCO Business Works, IBM MQ to support and streamline business applications
- E xperience in Java development, concurrency, middleware, distributed computing and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Hands-on development experience with TIBCO EMS, Business Works and Hawk
- Strong working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and associated concepts, such as XML Schemas, WS specifications, SOAP, Service Mediation/ESB, Policy Management, Governance, Messaging, etc.
- L2/L3 production support experience
- Familiarity with database technologies: SQL, Oracle
- Familiarity with LDAP, Active Directory integration
- Experience leading troubleshooting of complex production bottlenecks to determine root cause of the problem in various infrastructure areas like OS, Network, SAN, Application, etc.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.