Are you interested in helping solve today's most critical housing challenges? In simplest terms, Fannie Mae serves the people who house America. We work at the heart of housing by providing reliable, affordable mortgage financing in all markets at all times, buying loans that banks and other lenders originate, so they can fund new loans. This gives more people the opportunity to buy, refinance, or rent homes and apartments. Creating these opportunities is what drives the people who work at Fannie Mae.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The role of the technical engineer is to develop application design and/or design IT infrastructure components to meet business and technical requirements. IT infrastructure may include systems, middleware, database, storage and/or network infrastructure. The engineer must demonstrate the ability to efficiently code, test & certify technology platforms, software and applications. Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications. Document design and engineering standards; develop key performance metrics and operational guidelines for consistent & stable design, build, implement and operational processes.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- H ands-on technical expertise's for onboarding Business to Business (B2B) customers on B2B Gateway using various protocols like Webservices, AS2.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of multiple projects and products supported by the AIS B2B group.
- Develop and document, UNIX shell and Perl scripts, Java, and Puppet applications to automate tasks and assist in reporting.
- Design and develop prototypes/applications/services utilizing Java/J2EE/TIBCO Business Works to support and streamline business applications.
- Support B2B design/development/support as well as their associated infrastructure components and services such as service mediation, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), TIBCO infrastructure, Configuration Management & deployment, Monitoring/Management etc.
- Interface, partner, and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risk are understood and minimized
- Establish policies and standard operating procedures to enable consistent and repeatable execution
- Propose appropriate changes to standards, policies, and procedure based on emerging business/technology trends and operational challenges with the existing guidelines utilizing performance metric and operational SLA
- Plan for adequate capability on systems based on utilization metrics and planned projects to establish supply and demand forecasts
- Design and verify the technology solution meets business and technical requirements and is in compliance with enterprise architecture guidelines, technology standards and methodology, and compliance and security standards
- Maintain and operate the application design. It includes but not limited to monitoring, performance and capacity metrics , SLAs, resiliency and disaster recovery plans
- Define success criteria for validation of technology solution and application designs
- Develop and document an integrated test plan for certification of technology solutions and application design in compliance with existing best practices
- Provide work guidance or technical assistance to less senior engineers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of related experience
- 6 or more years' experience in Java development, middleware, distributed computing and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Proven history of successful interaction with internal customers and/or enterprise IT department
- Strong working knowledge of modern Java-related/SOA-related frameworks and ability to develop design patterns for specific technical problems/stereotypes
- Strong working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and associated concepts such as XML Schemas, WS specifications, SOAP, Service Mediation/ESB, Policy Management, Governance, Messaging, etc.
- 6 -7 years of hands-on development experience with TIBCO EMS, Business Works and Hawk
- Hands-on installation, configuration and maintenance TIBCO EMS, Business Works HAWK environments. This includes troubleshooting production issues, deploying application and configuration components.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented team player with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills
- Understanding of Managed File Transfer protocols like AS2, Connect Direct, sftp
- Understanding of API Gateway products like Layer 7/CA XML Gateway products.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.