Sustainable agriculture is at the core of Monsanto. We develop technologies that enable farmers to produce more crops while conserving natural resources. Monsanto scientists are conducting research and development across multiple scientific disciplines to revolutionize plant breeding, biotechnology, and crop protection chemistries.
Monsanto Company is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join the Product Safety Team - Small Molecule Toxicology as Senior Toxicologist in St. Louis, MO for a challenging and fast paced position in Regulatory Toxicology.
Twenty years from now, the earth's population will need 55% more food than it can produce now. Today, Monsanto is working with farmers around the world to do something about it. In over 60 countries, Monsanto has established industry-leading products because we give professionals the freedom to make real decisions. Monsanto is an Employer Of Choice with an outstanding professional development program and a history of building careers. Make an impact by joining the team that is working to solve one of mankind's greatest challenges.
• Provide technical support to the Product Safety Team for toxicology-related matters to ensure all Monsanto products (i.e., active ingredients, co-formulants, formulations, etc.) meet the company's high standards for worker and consumer safety.
• Provide technical support for the toxicological evaluation of emerging technologies. Technical support includes: developing and executing testing strategies in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, serving as a study monitor on assigned projects, and serving on cross functional working groups to ensure regulatory data packages and dossiers are coordinated to meet diverse regional requirements which enable global submission strategies.
• Work across the Monsanto Global Regulatory & Government Affairs organization to produce thoughtful, well-researched scientific assessments that support pipeline advancement and regulatory submissions to global authorities. Some of these tasks and documents include:
• Integration of toxicology, human food safety, target animal safety/nutrition, and worker/consumer safety into regulatory applications.
• Response to global regulatory inquiries.
• Toxicological assessments for pesticides, biopesticides, formulation ingredients, microbial products, metabolites, and impurities in the manufacturing process.
Required Education and Skills/Experience:
• Minimum of a PhD (or the ability to complete PhD by December 2017) in toxicology, pharmacology, environmental science or a related field
• Minimum of five or more years of relevant professional experience
• Experience in the design, implementation, and interpretation of studies evaluating in vivo toxicity or similar experience
• Demonstrated skills in technical writing including protocols, reports, and journal articles
• Excellent organizational and communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to be effective in a demanding team environment of a global company
• Ability to travel up to 10%
• Certification by the American Board of Toxicology (DABT)
• Experience summarizing toxicology results for regulatory dossiers
• Knowledge of global regulatory requirements (such as FIFRA, TSCA, REACH, etc.) for the preparation of toxicology data to support agricultural products, human food safety filings and user safety assessments
• Experience in conducting guideline-compliant GLP toxicology studies
• Ability to assimilate into a diverse team and demonstrates good business acumen
• Prior experience in the safety evaluation of chemical pesticides and/or biopesticides (i.e., microbial and/or biochemical)
Who is Monsanto?
Monsanto is an agriculture company with more than 20,000 employees focused on making a balanced meal accessible to everyone. We work to help farmers produce food in a more sustainable way. We think about how our food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests.
We believe that bringing diverse perspectives together is the most effective way to develop creative solutions to some of the world's biggest challenges. Career opportunities at Monsanto range from farming, plant breeding, chemistry and engineering to marketing, environmental science, IT and many other areas. We're always looking for exceptional professionals interested in developing a strong career while collaborating to develop solutions for sustainable agriculture. Sound like a job for you?
Why work with us?
• Life at Monsanto means collaborating with dedicated professionals in a stimulating environment
• Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships
• You will work with market leading brand products in a global organization
• We provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and some of the best career development opportunities in the industry
• Monsanto is named Great Place to Work in many countries around the world
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference!
A little about us:
At Monsanto, we believe that diverse perspectives solve big challenges and deliver a broad range of solutions to help nourish our growing world.