We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Responsible for the competent, ethical, and diligent representation of clients in all cases assigned by supervisor. Cases can involve all areas of tort practice. Responsible for handling matters of great complexity and/or exposure. Assists in cases of all complexities and/or exposures. Assists Managing Attorney or Supervising Attorney in the performance of delegated managerial and administrative duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Supervises assigned personnel.
- Provides job related guidance, supervision and training to other Attorneys.
- Performs managerial and administrative tasks, and special assignments, as requested by supervisor.
- Keeps supervisor informed of the work being done for clients and of any and all problems encountered.
- Consults with and renders opinions to members of the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Supervises cases as assigned and handles cases with unique legal or procedural issues and/or involving severe to catastrophic injuries and/or damages including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery, and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- Functionally supervises attorneys who have been requested to assist the Senior Trial Attorney in the handling of particular cases.
- Maintains and updates computerized litigation support systems for assigned caseloads.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Besides sedentary work, job duties require some or all of the following physical activities: Carrying and lifting up to 25 pounds, hearing, seeing, standing and walking (including up and down stairs and steps).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, with some exposure to uncontrollable outside environmental conditions and travel via automobile and/or commercial transportation.
Four-year college degree, law school degree, and member in good standing of the State Bar in the state in which position is located.
At least three years as an Attorney including civil jury trial experience or equivalent dispositive ADR experience or comparable outside experience. Must be capable of handling cases of moderate to great exposure and/or complexity with minimum supervision.
Special Skill Requirement
Public speaking, ability to function and handle high case loads in adversarial or confrontational situations, driving.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
A little about us: