Senior UI/UX Developer
Company: EMC is now part of Dell Technologies
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Posted: December 17, 2016
Reference ID: 16000WM1
Senior UI/UX Developer - Berwyn, PA
As a market and technology leader in integration platform as a service (iPaaS), Dell Boomi is one of the hottest tech companies in the SaaS/Cloud industry, named a Leader for the third year in a row in theGartner Enterprise iPaaS Magic Quadrant. Ouraward-winning, patented technology is transforming the world of integration by making enterprise-class integration technology accessible and affordable to companies of all sizes. Learn more athttp://www.boomi.com/
Our Engineers within our Boomi team are thought leaders and have significant input into the design and direction of our product. Join us in our mission to make integration accessible to organizations of all sizes
We’re looking for a T-shaped generalist (nota unicorn) to join our emerging UX practice. If you are a research-driven Interaction Designer with strong verbal and visual communication skills, an attention to detail, and a team-oriented spirit—let’s talk. You’ll be an influence on our organization and the user experience of our products, specifically responsible for leading the design and usability of 1-2 of those products.
This role reports to the Director of User Experience.
- Exhibit broad knowledge of qualitative research methods and how / when to apply them
- Understand complex technological concepts and communicate them in simplified, visual form
- Collaborate and communicate across teams and roles
- Design with consistency, and an attention to detail
- Contribute to our UI guidelines and their maintenance
- Design inclusively, with a demonstrated understanding of WCAG 2.0
- Contribute to building and influencing our emerging UX practice
- Think both conceptually and pragmatically about product strategy to ensure that Boomi remains an industry leader
- Experience leading research and design efforts for product development, or complex business systems and applications
- Strong empathy for our customers, and the ability to discover and define their business needs
- Exceptional verbal and visual communication skills
- Familiarity with Creative Cloud, and rapid prototyping tools (e.g., InVision, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- Ability to create sketches and wireframes to communicate workflows and features to others
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- The desire to collaborate, with the ability to operate independently
- A willingness to provide and accept constructive criticism
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Working familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Experience screening and recruiting participants for usability tests
- Formal visual design skills
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com/careers.
**Job:** **Software Dev Engineer-SW Engr*
**Title:** *Senior UI/UX Developer*
**Requisition ID:** *16000WM1*