We are looking for a rock star web UI Developer who is passionate about building exceptional web sites, and who believes that they have what it takes to change the world.
Someone who can play a pivotal role in bringing to life our design vision and help elevate Norton's various product and services websites to a point beyond industry standards, someplace closer to industry visionary leader.
Are you a passionate website UI Developer/Frontend Developer who lives and breathes delivering great user experiences?
Does even one pixel out of place violate your standards?
Do you have experience in creating highly scalable, reliable, responsive and secure web applications/sites?
Do you revel in showing great UI designers new web interface animations, effects, and capabilities that could be leveraged for even better user experiences?
Do you want to create beautiful, intuitive, powerful websites that makes the competition whimper?
We are the most powerful digital security company in the world and we are innovating!About Us
We are the Norton Global Product Design team based at Symantec's Culver City facility and we design software applications and websites that are used by 100s of millions of people around the world.
Our products and services protect people's identities, finances and personal data at home and on the go.
We are the guardians of both privacy and the free flow of information!
We are dedicated to our mission to protect our customers, excited by the incredible technology our company develops and deploys, and passionate about creating refined contemporary designs and user experiences -- ones that exceed everybody's expectations.Responsibilities
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the user interfaces for Norton's product and services websites - acting as the executer of our designs and the primary touchpoint with the website and portal Dev teams. You are where our design vision meets real-world execution.
- Responsible for leading the design specifications and associated code of web based UI for our various consumer security solutions.
- Help in the creation of development schedules and help prioritize activities.
- Work closely with the designers and the back-end developers to help build high quality websites, testable designs, and effective development tools, while establishing and implementing best practices.
- Working with the team to ensure our sites set new standards in our industry, exceed our customer's expectations and that not one pixel is out of place.
- Extensive experience designing and implementing web based UI
- Experience working with HTML5 elements with extensive knowledge of DOM manipulation
- Working knowledge of CSS3, knowledge of SASS/LESS preferred
- Experience with a few MVC client-side frameworks, preferably Angular (e.g. Backbone, Ember, React, etc.)
- Experience with TDD (Test-Driven Development)
- Extremely familiar with Responsive Web Design
- Familiar with building dynamic web application that makes requests to API via XHR, Web Socket
- Ability to develop server-side RESTful web services a plus
- Experience drawing visualizations with HTML5 Canvas a plus
- Experience writing modular and customizable UI components a plus
- Experience with web based Design, UX a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.