Overview: About ARAMARK
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts , stadiums and arenas, and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World's Most Admired Companies" by FORTUNE magazine and one of America's Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries. Learn more at www.aramark.com , and follow us at www.facebook.com/aramark and @aramark on Twitter.
Description: ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within ARAMARK Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve. Responsibilities:
- The Unit Controller reports to the General Manager.
- This position will support Aramark Sports, Leisure and Corrections' pursuit of new business, retention and incremental investment opportunities through a wide range of financial analyses.
- As a Unit Controller you will work closely with Business Development, Field Operations and Regional teams to develop pro forma financial models and business structures to support the growth and retention efforts of the organization.
- The Unit Controller will be expected to manage teams of diverse functional areas and must be comfortable engaging in discussions with constructive conflict among senior leaders.
- While taking a lead role in pro forma development for major projects, the Unit Controller will also provide guidance to the Regional teams on smaller investment projects.
- Monthly financial reporting which includes monthly projections, Weekly Operating Report (WOR), and managing the month-end close process for all client locations.
- Tracking annual guaranteed net budget performance for the system and working with operations team on identifying opportunities for improvement and holding them accountable for implementing and executing corrective action steps at underperforming accounts.
- Through the use of the HC Operating Template compile and review monthly financial and statistical data to perform analysis of operating metrics compared to industry benchmarks to identify and correct operational inefficiencies
- Developing and documenting key accounting policies and ensuring compliance with the key controls over financial reporting and working capital management
- Work with operations team to develop the annual ARAMARK budget as well as the annual client system budget for each managed department
- Monitor all client billing and ensure timely collections of accounts receivable
- Partner with district leadership team in developing strategic initiatives and ensuring annual business targets are met
- Act as the primary point of contact for all ARAMARK and client financial leaders to resolve all financial issues and build strong working partnerships
- Facilitate ongoing financial trainings for operations managers to develop financial acumen and driver further employee engagement
- Assisting the Regional Finance Director with region-wide financial cadence of (including projects and initiativesWork with the ARAMARK management team to oversee the financial and cash operations at this important client location.
- Establish and implement working capital control programs, and enforce policies designed to maximize internal control of inventories, cash and equipment.
- Handle the preparation of financial and operating reports and conduct and document moderate financial analysis projects.
- Heavy interaction is required with ARAMARK Senior Leadership as well as Senior Management with the direct client.
- Supervise a staff of office management and finance/accounting professionals
- The ideal candidate will have experience with financial modeling to include understanding of key financial principles such as Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR) and Income Statement and Balance Sheet analysis.
- The candidate should also have working knowledge of cost structures for Sports and Entertainment venues.
- The ideal candidate will also possess strong oral and written communication skills, as the Senior Unit Controller will be expected to work closely with the Business Development team to author internal approval memoranda and will be expected to actively participate in approval discussions involving Regional Vice Presidents, Line of Business Presidents, and the Sports Leisure and Corrections Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business related field, Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Minimum (5) five years of progressive experience in hospitality accounting or related field.
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service is essential.
- Ability to work closely with a team in budgeting, cost controls formulations, forecasting and monthly reporting.
- Adhering to generally accepted accounting practices and observing all financial controls and processes is required.
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable.
- Candidate must be willing to work event based hours including holidays, nights and weekends.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.