Are you a passionate, self-starting, creative and analytical interaction designer looking to craft state of the art enterprise and consumer products? We, the Symantec Website Security User Experience team, are looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to lead the design and usability of our next generation security applications. You will use your user-centered design experience to build industry-leading solutions that will drive the adoption and success of our products.
How can you help?
We need a strong interaction designer who can drive user-centered designs by translating customer and business requirements into dynamic and creative products with the best possible experience. You'll work with cross-functional teams to develop concepts, user task analysis, personas, interaction flows, wireframes, information architecture and high fidelity prototypes.
You will design visually rich, friendly and simple interfaces that scale across multiple customer segments and user personas, and participate in user research and usability studies to improve the product through every stage of the design lifecycle.
We also want you to:
- Lead all aspect of projects, including scheduling, ensuring deadlines are met, tracking usability issues and making design recommendations.
- Apply creative design aesthetics under tight deadlines while effectively handling trade-offs between business needs and customer experience.
- Present designs to cross-functional teams and negotiate trade-offs.
- Analyze user research reports to build the best design.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, tech support and other teams to deliver a compelling end-to-end customer experience.
- Develop design guidelines, processes and standards, and ensure that they are fully integrated in product development.
What are we looking for?
- A BA or BS in Human Computer Interaction, Usability, Human Factors, Industrial Design, Psychology, Computer Science or related field.
- 5 or more years of experience working in interaction design.
- Able to articulate your design thinking and tell a compelling story through written, visual and verbal presentations.
- Experience building dynamic interfaces that allow users to easily handle large and complex data.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to negotiate and resolve complex requirements and designs.
- Deep proficiency with design tools, specifically, Photoshop, Balsamiq and Axure.
- Prior experience producing designs that scale from small businesses to large enterprises.
- A deep understanding of the limitations and appropriate uses of web and mobile technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Symantec is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.