The minions of hell grow stronger! Our family of diabolically talented developers is expanding. Our backgrounds are varied but we all share a passion for the dark, gothic, and macabre. If you value a tightknit team that celebrates self-expression and a multi-disciplinary approach, then join us on the Diablo team!
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptionally skilled senior user interface artist to join our ranks! We are looking for a well-rounded artist to help push the vision forward for the Diablo visual style and play a critical role in defining user experiences alongside a team of talented developers.Responsibilities
- Create and iterate on all artwork needed for the user interface while maintaining a consistent art style throughout the entire project.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, programmers, and sound engineers to ensure and deliver an innovative, attractive, and functional user experience.
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement.
- Provide feedback and ensure the visual quality of your designs comes together in the finished experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in developing UI for games with at least one shipped title
- Must be able to demonstrate strong conceptual art skills consistent with Blizzard's art style and be able to adapt artistic styles as needed
- Must exhibit a passion for dark fantasy and have a portfolio that reflects that
- Excellent grasp of typography and color theory
- Advanced proficiency using Adobe Photoshop
- Deep understanding of UX principles and a strong awareness of current trends
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able to work well with a team in a dynamic, cross-discipline, and iterative setting
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
Required Application Materials
- Familiar with and passionionate about the Diablo series
- Experience working with a team of UI designers and artists
- Proficient with Adobe Flash and Illustrator
- Proficiency using Microsoft Visio, or an equivalent wireframing application
- Experience designing applications for a global and multilingual user base
- Experience designing video game client interfaces
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What inspires you as a UI artist/designer
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.