Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a highly skilled and creative Senior User Interface (UI) designer to join the user interface team working on Heroes of the Storm. This individual will help to define and execute the interactive vision of the user interface. The Senior UI Designer will work closely with the UI Lead, game director, other designers, artists, and engineers to conceptualize the functional flow and interactive experiences for Heroes of the Storm and any related projects.Responsibilities
- Design and prototype for game and UI experiences that meet Blizzard's demanding standards for quality.
- Visualize the content and functionality of in-game and out-of-game user interfaces.
- Create and maintain wireframes and user flows.
- Coordinate with other team members to incorporate feedback and develop consensus.
- Collaborate with designers, artists, programmers, and sound engineers to ensure innovative, attractive, and functional user experiences are delivered.
- Act as a player advocate to ensure the highest level of usability, playability, and visual excitement.
- Comfortable leading a design and providing guidance throughout the process from end to end.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in game development as a UI designer
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven background in innovative and intuitive design with strong conceptual skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of layout
- Deep understanding of UI usability principles
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
Required Application Materials
- Experience working with a team of user interface designers, artists and engineers
- Passion for playing and making video games
- Proficiency using standard wireframing applications such as Proto.io or equivalent
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and / or Adobe Illustrator
- Experience designing applications for a global and multi-lingual user base
- Excellent grasp of typography and color theory
- Portfolio, and/or reel demonstrating relevant UI design skills
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
- Cover Letter** which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.