Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Senior UX Designer to join our Web Marketing team. You should have a degree in UX, IA, HCI or other related meaningful major, and you should be passionate about the various aspects of UX and applicable methodologies, have many years of experience in B2B companies and have driven UX strategy for lead generation. You will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work.
This position will be based at the San Francisco HQ location and will report into the Sr. Manager of User Experience, Web Marketing.
At Splunk you get your chance to lead UX strategy across many projects in a groundbreaking company. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead and manager UX strategy and all UX activities on specific innovational projects which include cross-functional team members
- Develop user flows to help articulate user behavior and system requirements
- Create wireframes representing information architecture and layout of the page
- Creatively deliver results to optimize the user experience to gain more leads on the website
- Collaborate with the Brand and Creative Web team to iterate and develop designs
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities, with timeliness as well as demonstrating expertise
- Successfully communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of customer focused processes
- Build out user scenarios and identify key personas (some persona creation may be applicable)
- Support end user research including A B testing, usability testing, user interviews, and metrics analysis to inform designs
- Incorporate UI practices
- Lead and support Customer Journey mapping activities including documenting outputs and flows and report out to other teams
- Work with business teams to capture requirements and understand their needs
- Collaborate with marketing department, content producers and management to refine the customer experience
- Proficient in Balsamiq, Sketch, InDesign or other wireframing tools. (Adobe Creative Suite a plus)
- Knowledgeable in the latest web technologies and UX trends
- Knowledgeable about website optimization, SEO, and lead generation
- Able to perform Usability Testing
- Follow and implement User Centered Design methodologies
- Passionate and positive attitude
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in HCI or related
- Prefer 10 - 15 years work experience, including B2B companies
- Examples of work via a portfolio is required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.