Dell Information Technology is a world-class IT organization that employs 5000 across the globe. We are focused on driving business transformation, superior customer satisfaction, and revenue growth through innovation and cutting-edge technology that leverages traditional ERP, as well as cloud, analytics, mobile, and social solutions.
*Senior Vendor Manager/Software- Round Rock, TX*
As part of the Office of the CIO, the Dell Vendor Management Office (VMO) owns the technology vendor relationships necessary to deliver on technology and business objectives. The VMO has a position open for a Senior Vendor Manager for the category of Software.
Vendor Relationship Managers are tasked with ensuring IT and business requirements are fully developed, comprehended, rationalized and contracted as part of commercial agreement setup and maintenance with vendors. Vendor Relationship Managers translate IT and business requirements into terms procurement, legal and vendors establish in contracts as well as lead development and analysis on the financial models and components of new and existing agreements. Vendor Relationship Managers manage a portfolio of vendors to support a functional area of IT and the associated vendor budget to support. The VMO has a position open for a Senior Vendor Relationship Manager for Software. This is asenior role, managing industry leading vendors and large contracts and a budget.
- Captures and translates roadmap plans into vendor requirements, uses expertise in the development of commercial terms with software providers to advise and lead the requirements definition for procurement, legal, IT and business teams
- Leads and creates the financial models and strategy for commercial agreements, including budget requirements, optimal financial and software license models, and participates in negotiation efforts to deliver optimal financial and business terms
- Manages a budget of $50M of vendor spend in portfolio area, facilitates annual planning with executive leaders for functional area, advising on trade-offs, helping budget for priorities and synergy opportunities. Provides oversight and produces recommendations and executes tactics to deliver requirements within budget
- Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IT stakeholders and executive leadership
- Identifies appropriate relationships in conjunction with internal customers and vendors to drive proper alignment on business and operational topics
- Manages escalation and arbitration of relationship and operational issues if other avenues fail
- Participates in the measuring of vendor performance and shares responsibility for the governance for vendors
- 10 years of experience working in a large, global organization managing vendors in a procurement, technology portfolio, business development or partner management capacity, preferably 2 years of direct people management experience (this is non-people manager role)
- 5 years of experience managing complex IT contracts and relationships, with a strong preference on software licensing
- Strong business acumen with ability to create and analyze cost benefit analysis proposals and advise business leaders, finance and procurement on strengths of various scenarios and manage trade-offs and risks to arrive at optimal outcome
- Excellent negotiation, relationship and interpersonal skills
- Experienced, motivated and confident in understanding and working broadly in a complex organization to create needed alignment and harness wider relationships and influences
- Experience in working closely with senior executives, understanding priorities, what information is needed to support decisions and confident in delivering presentations and advisement to senior leaders
- Strong dispute resolution and mediation skills to handle issue escalation and to drive win-win outcomes for both parties
- Strong ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- Knowledge of market trends in software contract and pricing models, service delivery and performance management, and innovations
- Bachelor degree required/ Advanced degree preferred
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
**Job:** **Information Technology - Project Management*
**Title:** *Senior Vendor Manager (Software)*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000UL3*