Come join the technology Vendor Management Office (VMO) as a Senior Vendor Manager. Our mission in the VMO is to drive long-term value for Intuit through our strategic partners. We are responsible for the successful relationships with our largest and most important technology suppliers and we focus on: Category Strategies: Develop technology category strategies that drive greater value, increased innovation, and reduced total cost of ownership.
Demand Management: Work with internal stakeholders to optimize demand, determine requirements, and identify optimal models.
Post-Contract Vendor Relationship Management: Develop strong partnerships with strategic suppliers; drive value and innovation; reduce risk.
Contracting and Negotiation: As needed, support our Strategic Sourcing partners, who have primary responsibility for contracting and negotiation.
The role reports to the Group Manager of the Technology VMO and is responsible for managing multiple strategic technology vendors:
- Understand the strategies, architectures, and initiatives of key internal stakeholders
- Stay informed of market trends, technology innovations, and best practices
- Help evaluate emerging technologies and potential partners
- Develop technology category strategies that drive greater value, increased innovation, and reduced total cost of ownership
- Translate category strategies and business requirements into sourcing needs
- Identify opportunities for demand optimization, consolidation, and savings
- Translate product growth projections to financial estimates and models
- Leverage standards and partner with standards-setting organization as appropriate
- In partnership with Sourcing, provide input to negotiation strategies that deliver competition and minimize risk
- Segment supply base and identify strategic suppliers
- Drive long-term value and innovation from strategic suppliers
- Conduct business reviews with strategic suppliers, measure performance, and establish plans for continuous improvement
- Address missed supplier service level agreements and commitments, and drive escalations as needed
- Communicate contract implications and help operationalize them; educate internal clients on licensing entitlements, limitations, and the financial impact of deployments
- Identify and manage ongoing supplier risks
- Manage supplier audits
- Regularly interact with Director, VP, and C-level executives on long-term strategic recommendations, complex deals, and challenging situations
- 8+ years of Information Technology delivery experience in large, high-tech industries
- 8+ years of relationship management experience. Demonstrated experience in building effective partner relationships that yield long-term value.
- Strong understanding of trends in the IT industry and the marketplaces for services, software, hardware, and telecommunications
- Experience with translating trends and needs into compelling strategies
- Experience with summarizing requirements, identifying optimal license structures, identifying demand management opportunities, and developing successful negotiation strategies
- Experience with developing business cases, financial models, projections, and metrics
- Experience with developing accountability mechanisms, holding partners accountable to commitments, and resolving escalated issues
- Program management skills, including the ability to develop plans and drive timely progress
- Experience with yielding tangible results through innovation and continuous improvement
- Ability to drive necessary policy and business process changes associated with technology contracts
- Boundary-less leadership, including the ability to influence without direct-line authority and drive cross-organizational teams
- Track record of learning quickly, innovating, and demonstrating a growth mindset
- Demonstrated success in being bold and challenging the status quo
- Track record of being decisive and biased toward action, hurdling barriers and addressing challenges
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with frequently and effectively interacting with executive leadership.
- Strong presentation skills and change management skills necessary to communicate, persuade, and sell across a wide range of audiences
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Preferred Education: MS/MBA/MA degree or equivalent related experience
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market - from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com . EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Not for you? Check out these other opportunities:
Sr. Program Manager, Global Expense Program Staff Technical Program Manager Staff Technical Program Manager Technical Program Manager Technical Program Manager, Developer Productivity See More…