Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a senior visual designer with strong UI skills who wants to join our user experience team in order make awesome stuff for our players. You'll be working with our design leads to help shape the vision for many of our Blizzard products - Battle.net website, our desktop app, mobile apps, shop, etc. We believe that designing from the gut is not enough, so we are looking for a UI designer that loves getting user validation and is not afraid of a user-centered design process. This means working closely with our UX designers and researchers to gain empathy with early stage user feedback, helping the team define goals and strategy, designing solutions together, and iterating until we reach Blizzard quality.
- Understand what our users are doing and why - Help UX designers, competitive analysis, and research support.
- Create and show solutions - Create visual strategies, wireframes, page layouts, interactions, prototypes, color palettes, icons, etc.
- Iterate based on "validated learning" - Help with usability, interviews, and more designs in collaboration with the research team.
- Deliver and follow through - Launch ideas (e.g. detailed designs, final assets, style guides, etc.) and assist in post-launch analysis with our analytics and research team.
Required Application Materials
- Serious passion for user-centered design
- Both a conceptual thinker and a detailed designer
- Knows the difference between a project goal and a requirement
- A minimum of 8 years as graphic designer, UX designer, UI designer, interaction designer, visual design, or similar experience
- Experience and examples creating websites, software applications, interactive spaces, games and / or mobile applications
- Examples of high-level visual strategy or style guides or UI libraries
- Examples of highly detailed designs
- Can prototype your ideas - whether high or low fidelity using the Adobe Suite, HTML, and / or Axure
- Cover Letter
- URL or PDF of your portfolio
**Only applicants with all three will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.