Ready to transform health care? IBM Watson Health is ushering in the next era of health care by using Cognitive Computing to tackle some of the industry's most challenging problems - like revolutionizing how doctors research cancer and identifying new drugs to treat diseases. By making connections that may not have been previously considered, Watson can generate new insights such as expedite the process of matching subjects to clinical trials and keep patient safe from the adverse effects of drugs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Visual Designer on our Watson for Oncology team responsible for developing a consistent product experience across all of our Oncology products.
Our environment is ever changing and requires a candidate who is flexible, thrives in ambiguity and can effectively collaborate across cross-functional groups and locations.
Although Visual Design will be your primary role, we're looking for candidates with secondary skill in Interaction Design and User Research. Responsibilities include:
- Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, visual language guidelines, visual compositions, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Work with user experience designers, design researchers and developers to ensure visual design enhances the overall user experience
- Work with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
- Work with design team to lobby for and plan validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience.
- Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce IBM Watson's vision, brand and business objectives across all platforms
- Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches and sleek, high fidelity visuals on tight schedules with a ton of initiative
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory and iconography
- Demonstrated ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
- Solid understanding of mobile and desktop graphic techniques and production practices
- Knowledge of accessible designs
- Ability to work with brand and design guidelines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.