Do you dream in color (or at least feel like you do)? Are you driven to use your passion for design to serve a greater purpose - to help tell a story, connect with people and create a better experience? This is your opportunity to give your talents new purpose by applying them to meaningful work at The Hartford. Senior Visual Designer Responsibilities:
- Guide the strategic direction and ongoing refinement of The Hartford's digital assets and contribute to user experience vision
- Take an active, hands-on role in leading ideation with team members and providing direction to other designers
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to produce and evolve a design system / pattern library and to implement designs into technology frameworks
- Develop and utilize a deep understanding of customer needs by reviewing and participating in user research
- Interpret design guidelines, wireframes & workflows, and create pixel-perfect, visually engaging design treatments
- Develop clear understanding to the purpose, goals and requirements of the products you are designing and actively solve UI/UX problems
- Clearly communicate design decisions and process with clear rationale.
- Partner with team to utilize research, testing, and analysis of user data to inform design decisions.
- Partner with UX team and IT to help drive UI design quality from conception to release.
- Participate in product design brainstorms alongside design and product team partners.
- Help architect intuitive interaction and user-centered workflows that drive efficient engagement.
- Have a mobile first mentality but also create and design interaction patterns for tablets and desktop.
- Continuously seek out opportunities to stay current on design trends and best practices in an effort to help keep the team current
Behaviors at the Hartford
- 8 years relevant experience
- Demonstrable experience conceptualizing, creating and/or extending visual language systems for expansive, data-rich applications
- Strong portfolio of work that includes innovative navigation systems, interface designs patterns, typography, and screen layouts for software and web applications. Please include a link to your portfolio/website on your resume.
- Ability to plan and manage design work for 2-3 projects at a time; experience designing for Agile development is a plus
- Ability to manage other visual designers work and capacity
- Strong portfolio featuring past UI/UX work, data visualization and information design
- Passion in solving UI/UX problems with creativity & users in mind
- Obsession with quality and visual design with a pixel-level attention for details
- Solid understanding of web UI/UX design principles
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, Axure
- Familiarity with working in an Agile development environment
WHY JOIN THE HARTFORD?
- Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
- Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
- Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
- Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Visit our website to learn about The Hartford's recognition. Information about the company and its product offerings is available at www.thehartford.com .
Join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheHartford .
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TheHartford . WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more. Equal Opportunity Employer / Females / Minorities / Veterans / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Expression / Religion / Age ** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **