Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world's largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The IT Network Services team at Symantec is responsible for delivering voice services across the entire spectrum of products and technologies, and enabling our employees, customers, partners and suppliers to communicate and collaborate easily and effectively with a fully integrated, high quality user experience. We are currently looking for motivated individuals who not only "do" but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference.
You will be part of Symantec established Voice engineering team. You are currently a Voice/Telecom Engineer specializing on Cisco IPT solution this is the job for you.
• Responsible for designing, deploying, installing and configuring complex Cisco IPT solutions.
• This includes application design efforts within UCCE to support an Enterprise Contact Center environment.
• The candidate may also be tasked with network support as it relates to the Cisco VOIP environment and isolate and resolve complex problems utilizing appropriate diagnostic tools.
• The candidate will also be required to provide mentoring, training, and support to other Voice Engineers as needed.
• Perform application design updates across all components of the system.
• Work and Collaborate with Project Teams including Operations, contract resources and 3rd Party Vendors.
• Provide consistent and frequent project status updates.
• Global Change Management Processes.
• Ensures compliance with data security policies and procedures.
• Installs and tests product and operating systems upgrades
• Supporting tools used to support the Symantec voice environment
• Experience working with Cisco Unified Call Manager Clusters (version 11.x a plus) and Cisco Unity Connection Voice Mail.
• Experience with SIP, H323 and MGCP voice signaling protocol configuration.
• Experience of migrating from TDM to SIP trunking required.
• Strong experience configuring and troubleshooting Voice Service Gateways (ISR Routers, Analog gateways, CUBE, CUSP, VXML, Cisco SRST).
• Experience of Centralized Enterprise Dial Plan Design - Dialing Habits \\ Class Of Service \\ Partitioning \\ On-Net & Off-Net. SME knowledge a plus.
• Experience of Cisco CUCM CDR including CLI SQL Queries.
• Hands-On multisite contact center systems integration experience with ACD and IVR with Cisco UCCE preferred and familiarity of ICM scripting in a CVP/UCCE environment.
Cisco IPT integration experience with Microsoft Active Directory in an Enterprise environment.
• Experience working with Cisco Collaboration Services - Video Conferencing solutions Pervasive and Immersive, Cisco Telepresence, Jabber, CUPS & WebEx. CCA and SaaS Model solutions including HCS Desirable.
• Experience using Monitoring tools including Sciencelogic, Live Action, Netbrain and Splunk.
• Experience working with WAN (MPLS/VRF), Routing Protocols BGP, EIGRP, Wi-Fi, DHCP/DNS.
• Proven experience with QoS on both WAN and LAN to ensure quality voice.
• Experience initiating and delivering large scale large budget network projects including developing/ writing architectural and equipment standards, standards, process in transitioning engineering projects to Network Operations.
• Experience working with geographically dispersed cross functional teams to communicate, present and interface with Business units at Executive level.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.