Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Typical senior engineer responsibilities include
- Expert in designing and building web applications and/or web services in a commercial setting.
- Expert in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Expert in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Competent in Java programming.
- Competent in modern database/storage technologies.
Successful senior engineers will
- Lead the design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via applications and services.
- Be a trusted technical advisor to management and helping set strategy for the organization.
- Work with product leaders using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations leaders to ensure your applications and services are highly available and reliable.
- Support your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
- Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup.
- Exhibit a strong backbone and act as a change leader by challenging the status quo when needed.
- Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies.
- Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Be a talent multiplier that gets the team around them to excel and perform well.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.