The web team is a start-up that was recently acquired by Oracle. The web product team is reinventing the consumer experience for the Utility industry by creating utility-branded web applications that brings the utilities on par with state of the art web development. These applications make it easy for the consumer to understand their energy usage in a friendly and intuitive way, and provide personalized ideas and advice on how to reduce usage. You'll be part of a team of fun, friendly, and technically skilled engineers developing innovative and user friendly web experiences. As part of this team, you will get exposure to the entire stack from building multi-tenant backend services to modular front-end web/mobile presentations, making you a much more well-rounded engineer. Responsibilities
- Architect, code and manage web applications that will be used by engineers throughout Opower and our partners to build customized user experiences.
- Design and implement the web consumer product suite with multi-tenant services, modular front-ends and multichannel support ranging from desktop to mobile devices.
- Work closely with teams in UX and product management and backend SOA service providers to surface Opower insights on the web.
- Continuously test your software to fail-fast and fail-forward to ensure the best user experience.
- Define, set and enforce the standards for best practices in web development.
- Coach and mentor junior developers and introduce the team to new technology trends in industry.
- Take pride in owning what you build, support it in production and continuously monitor and evolve it to improve performance, scalability and ease-of-use.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in software engineering, computer science or related field
- 4-6 years of application architecture, solution design and/or product development experience
- There's a special place in your heart for jQuery but you have moved on to MVC-like frameworks such as Angular or React and functional programming toolsets like Underscore/Lo-dash.
- You cannot fathom deploying code without continuous integration. We use Jenkins but any similar CI experience works.
- You are detail-oriented, methodical and practical, and work well with others
- You function well in a fast-paced, informal environment where constant change is the norm and the bar for quality is set high.
- You focus on building operations friendly apps that can be deployed and managed with ease
- Comfortable acting a "full-stack" engineer, capable of delivering operations-friendly solutions from server to browser and devices.
We are a small, collegial group, full of smart and helpful people, with a prankster bone. Come, impress us with your github contributions, take charge of your career and help us transform the Utility Industry.Qualifications:
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.