Senior Wireless HW Integration & Verification Engineer Job Description
As a member of Intel's Bluetooth core product team developing multi-comm SoC solutions for the mobile, portable, wearable and IoT wireless markets, your work will focus on PHY and RF hardware integration and verification.
Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires close interaction with architecture, RF and PHY design teams, and FW driver development teams to integrate, test, and debug industry leading Bluetooth solutions. Responsibilities will include leading and/or collaborating on development and execution of pre- and post- silicon activities such as:
Typical job tasks include:
- Radio control and calibration implementation definition
- PHY/RF integration & test plan development
- Bluetooth radio transceiver and baseband verification
- PHY and RF subsystem performance analysis and hardware configuration optimization
- Work closely with the PHY, Firmware, RF and VLSI silicon design teams to develop robust solutions meeting or exceeding the market requirements for both OEM and end-user customers
- Must be a critical thinker, have strong self-direction, and be able to communicate clearly
- Collaborating with PHY, RF Systems, and FW design teams to develop radio control algorithms and RF/PHY calibration implementation requirements
- Development and execution of post-silicon HW/RF integration activities: test plans, test procedure, and compliance verification and optimization
- Defining co-existence test coverage for multi-comm systems and leading compliance verification and issue resolution
- Lab bring-up of wireless hardware, HW/FW integration and performance evaluation, and wireless subsystem debugging.
- Defining ATE test cases and collaborating with ATE tool development team to implement automated test system
- Generate and own documentation including such items as radio control definition, calibration implementation, integration plan, and test requirements and procedures
MS Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of five years of relevant experience, or a BS degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in wireless product development and integration & test:
- Focus on PHY/RF and digital communications/signal processing characterization and optimization, Radio control algorithm and calibration development, Co-existence specification and verification
- 5 years of experience in chip level and subsystem PHY/RF hardware integration, bring-up, characterization, and performance tuning/optimization
- 5 years of experience defining and creating Test Automation utilities and utilizing Automation Tools to collect and analyze complex characterization Data
- Strong aptitude and liking for RF bench work and mental capacity to resolve low level RF system issues.
- Good communication skills and ability to work closely with team members
QualificationsInside this Business Group
- Good Mathematical and Analytical Skills.
- Understanding of CMOS RF Imperfections and Performance Tuning.
- Knowledge and experience in Bluetooth Radio integration and test
- Experience with other Wireless/Wired Communication Systems such as WiFi, LTE, Cable
- Experience in C/C Embedded Programming or script languages like C, Perl, Python, etc.
Intel is one of the largest suppliers of chips for the communications market. The Intel Communications group is focused on designing and building communications technologies such as Ethernet connectivity products, optical components, communications processing solutions and broadband products. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.