Additional Location(s) or Information: Bay Area or Colorado
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1016150
The Business Entity
The Cisco Advanced Services Mobility Team provides the expertise to globally enable solutions that remove barriers to the deployment of transformational business services.
The Cisco AS Wi-Fi Center of Excellence strives to be the worldwide leaders in the design, deployment and optimization of Wi-Fi solutions. Years of deploying large, complex, and high density Wi-Fi networks for the world's largest service-providers, and the most challenging venues provide unparalleled experience. The team has deep expertise in Enterprise Wireless applications and infrastructure, including healthcare, retail, and hospitality specialties. We have world-class experience in industrial wireless, manufacturing and the most challenging RF environments. If you want to be the best in the world in wireless, this is the team.
Role & Responsibilities
The Wireless Network Consulting Engineer supports Enterprise WLAN and/or Service Provider Wi-Fi accounts in the Cisco Services Wireless Center of Excellence.
Responsibilities in the critical customer-facing role include:
- Responsible for the delivery of Wireless Planning, Design, Implementation & Optimization Services to Cisco's major accounts.
- Perform architectural planning and design, as well as configuration and integration support within project delivery and ongoing consultative engagements.
- Provide operational support for complex, wireless network deployments. Identify & document design/architecture best practices for global Cisco Services adoption.
- Participate in or lead complex network design, performance engineering or problem resolution projects.
- Assist in development of business and technical requirement
- Assist in the development of high-level and low-level design activities
- Assist in the development of network implementation planning
- Assist in configuration and connectivity activities, including test planning and cutover activities
- Recommends and initiates projects to benefit customers and AS wide objectives.
- Accountable to highest levels of senior management to ensure project commitments and AS deliverables are met.
- Typically requires BSEE/CS or equivalent plus 5-7 years' experience in a network engineering or telecommunications support environment.
-In depth knowledge of Wireless technology
-RF Design, RF Survey/Engineering and RF troubleshooting skills
-IP Network Design skills
-Thorough understanding of WLAN authentication, security and network management
-Experience designing and deploying key WLAN applications including Secure Mobility, Voice over WLAN, Location Based Services, and Wireless Guest Access
-Strong knowledge of Inter-networking troubleshooting in a large scale network environment.
-Strong Technical Account management skills.
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred
-CWNA, CWSP, CWAP, CWNE
- IP networking, LAN Switching, VoIP, etc.
-In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability, QOS & capacity planning.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
WiFi, Wi-Fi, WLAN, Wireless, RF, Mobility
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Mobility
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.