The SEO Search Account Manager is responsible for executing both online and offline initiatives designed to drive homedepot.com/store traffic and create profitable online/offline sales. Traffic and sales will be targeted through increased presence and position across search engines such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo!. This position plays a key role in executing THD's organic marketing strategies, as they currently drive over 20% of homedepot.com site traffic. The SEO Search Account Manager will be the principle driver for these search engine initiatives, partnering across various internal teams (Merchandising, Core Marketing, IT, etc.) and external agency and vendor partners.
As a SEO Search Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing and executing day to day tactical SEO strategies, including: keyword research, analytics analysis and discovering new growth opportunities. You will be able to leverage on-page, off-page, mobile, local and social aspects of SEO to meet your business goals. This is a high profile position that interacts across all .com teams and at various levels, so if you are looking for a fast paced, ever changing environment, then this is the role for you.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 35% Responsible for evangelizing the evolving world of search engines at all levels of the organization in terms of best practices, industry standards, and legal requirements.
- 25% Own all initiatives throughout the project lifecycle; including any needed discovery and initial assessments, program and/or requirements definition, needed creative briefs, program implementation and launch, and ongoing measurement and reporting. Integrate initiatives with internal partners in Marketing, IT, Creative, Merchandising, Operations.
- 20% Create and adjust plans based on the interplay and performance dynamics between PC, Mobile, and Tablet devices based on customer behavior.
- 20% Measures ongoing effectiveness of programs against target metrics, and makes frequent adjustments to leverage any changes in the evolving world of search.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position reports to a Sr Manager - SEO or Dir, Online Marketing
Number of Direct Reports - 6
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 5+ years in search engine marketing including on page, off page, social and local SEO strategies
- Project management experience associated with interactive marketing and/or web projects.
- Understanding of interactive marketing and e-Business strategies, channels, technologies, principles and processes
- A steadfast passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Meticulous understanding of SEO white hat vs. black hat tactics
- Proven SEO Experience and understanding
- A core understanding of HTML/CSS
- In depth knowledge of current and developing SEO trends
- Experience using SEO and business related tools including: Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst, Search Center, Google/Bing Webmaster tools, Google Adwords, SEOmoz, Advanced Web Ranking suite, SEOclarity and keyword research tools
- Prior analytics and data analysis exposure is a plus
- Experience in managing both paid and organic search
- Marketing/web experience associated with a national-level retailer
- E-commerce knowledge and experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Solid understanding of the technical pieces of marketing channels such as backend tracking, search string URLs, 3rd party site tracking, data feeds and internal search.
- Knowledge of Adobe and Oracle technologies (Endeca, Page Builder, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Intermediate/Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel required
- Web Development, Scripting, SQL, a plus
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work well with others
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail; self-starter
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!