North Florida Regional Healthcare
is an organization centered around the community hospitals in Gainesville, Florida -- North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC) and Lake City Medical Center (LCMC). NFRMC is a 432-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care , oncology , orthopedics , neurosciences , minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery , weight loss surgery and treatment , women's health and wound therapy , among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission in four consecutive years, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction™ Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery and recognized by U.S. News & World Report for its High-Performing Gynecology Program in 2010. Position Summary:
Demonstrates a high level of clinical competence that creates an environment of clinical excellence resulting in improved individual and group clinical outcomes. Facilitates individualized, evidence-based, highly effective care to patients and families through coordination/collaboration of the entire healthcare team. Collects and analyzes data surrounding the sepsis patient to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care and outcomes. Through role modeling, coaching and demonstration, fosters learning for the staff and promotes outcomes-oriented nursing practice. Essential Functions:
Qualifications: EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Coordinates process for facility's sepsis program.
- Serves as a role model, consultant and clinical resource to medical, nursing staff, and other health care providers to promote health and reduce illness for specified groups of patients.
- Makes patient rounds daily to integrate essential information in order to prioritize and provide care that maximizes outcomes.
- Evaluates currently used as well as new products and makes appropriate recommendations to enhance patient care.
- Maintains open lines of communication with physicians, nursing, case managers and other healthcare professionals regarding patient/family needs and identifies areas of improvement throughout the hospitalization.
- Assists in the development of policies, procedures, standards, clinical pathways, order sets, and other resource material
- Assists in the development, implementation and assessment of quality improvement activities.
- Provides educational activities utilizing varied adult teaching-learning principles for specific patient population and their families.
- Collaborates with and/or serves as consultant as it pertains to the education of nurses on program development and assists with the evaluation of the program, as well as revises when necessary.
- Coordinates and leads patient care conferences in order to guide clinical team.
- Participates in the development of individualized plan of care with the appropriate healthcare providers to progress the patient through the hospital process to the time of discharge.
- Attends selected meetings as appropriate.
- Rounds with identified physicians as necessary.
• Degree in nursing required
• Bachelor's degree preferred. EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Five (5) years of experience in critical care specialty. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION:
RN license in the State of Florida required
BLS required; ACLS preferred
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus