*Server Networking Senior Systems Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
Why Choose Dell's Enterprise Server Group? See for yourself: https://youtu.be/Vh6PqxlbWgE
Join Dell, the world’s largest start-up, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
As part of the Server Communications Engineering team, you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who are making a positive difference in our industry for Dell EMC. Our unique position as a leading technology provider ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and contribute to solutions that help customers transform their business into digital enterprises. Be part of the team that delivers 10, 25, 40, 50 and 100Gbps Ethernet, 32G Fibre Channel and 100Gbps high-performance fabrics to data centers, clusters and the cloud.
- Identify and communicate design requirements to technology partners and ODMs for Ethernet, Fibre Channel and Infiniband interfaces; and related drivers and software. Work closely with them to develop, test and debug these features during integration of networking devices into Dell EMC systems.
- Participate as a member of the engineering Project Delivery team to deliver complete products into the Dell server business
- Develop debug tools to be used by you and other engineers to troubleshoot and resolve issues on interfaces such as Ethernet 802.3, Fibre Channel, Infiniband, PCIe and NC-SI
- Write development engineering test plans for the bring-up and unit test phases of the network device and server development process
- Characterize and debug complex issues reported from internal validation teams and the field to determine root cause and identify fixes together with technology partners, while keeping relevant parties informed
- Undergraduate degree and 6 years relevant experience or Graduate degree and 5 years relevant experience
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a cross-functional engineering team
- Proficiency in working with third-party technical partners or geographically dispersed engineering team members to develop electronic assemblies and solve problems
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical data sheets, schematics, specifications and standards; proficiency in standard CAD tools for schematic and board design
- Experience in the development of drivers and/or firmware for electronics subsystems
- Demonstrated proficiency in solving complex problems and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) specifications, plans, status, and issue details
- At least one of the first two “Preferences” listed below
- Working experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, NC-SI, FC, iSCSI and Infiniband
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Working knowledge of Windows and/or Linux network and/or storage driver architecture and implementation; UEFI and Virtualized OS knowledge
- Embedded systems development experience
- Server or client computer systems development experience
- 2 years of working with third-party technical partners/vendors/ODMs to develop hardware deliverables
With more than 100,000 team members globally, we promote an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. Dell’s team members are committed to serving our communities, regularly volunteering for over 1,500 non-profit organizations. The company has also received many accolades from employer of choice to energy conservation. Our team members follow an open approach to technology innovation and believe that technology is essential for human success.
*Why work with us?*
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
**Job:** **Engineering - Systems Engineer*
**Organization:** **Infrastructure Solutions Group*
**Title:** *Server Networking Senior Systems Engineer - Round Rock, TX*
**Location:** *TX-Round Rock*
**Requisition ID:** *16000ZO5*